Our dentists may recommend a dental crown if your tooth is damaged or decayed. Dental crowns, or caps, are designed to cover the visible portion of your tooth, restoring its shape, appearance and strength. For more information about dental crowns in Arlington Heights, Illinois, and to schedule a consultation at Northwestern Dental Group, call us today at 847-305-2442.
Dental crowns are multi-purpose restorations and are used to treat a variety of problems. Some reasons our dentists may recommend a crown include:
- To restore teeth that have sustained significant damage or decay
- To protect a tooth after a root canal treatment
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To cover and complete a dental implant
- To strengthen teeth that are fractured or weak
- To support large fillings
- To improve the appearance of a tooth
Your dental crown will be custom-made to fit over your tooth and provide an effective restoration. Many crowns are made of tooth-colored material to provide a more esthetic solution for your smile, but crowns may also be made of materials such as gold or porcelain fused to metal. When you visit Northwestern Dental Group, we will work with you to determine the material and type of crown that will be most beneficial for your smile and oral health.
We welcome you to contact our office today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists and learn more about the benefits of dental crowns.